Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Intergloss.com



Hello My Loves! 

I am back from a long hiatus! Sorry to keep you all hanging but with the busyness of the holidays and traveling I just felt like there wasn't enough time in the day. I am back and ready to get back on track with my blog! 

Recently, I was contacted by a new website called Intergloss.com. Intergloss is a beauty product review site focused on comprehensive user-generated reviews, photos, swatches, and soon to come, videos. As soon as I went to the website I fell in love with it. It is a great idea and as more users find out about it I think it can be great. I am always looking for reviews on different products that I want to purchase so this is a perfect website that provides users with reviews on all beauty products on one website. 

I answered a few questions for the website as I will be featured on the "Featured User" area on the homepage. I am not sure when I will be featured as I just sent in my questions today but I will be sure to post it once my interview is up! 

Anyways I wanted to share the short interview that I did as I thought some of the questions and answers may be interesting for you all to read as well. 


Intergloss.com Interview:

1. How do you feel about wearing bright colors?

I am not against it but I do like to stick in the neutral color zone. However, I do like to wear bright pink clothing such as tops, etc. I also do not like to wear bright eyeshadow as sometimes I think it can look like too much. The person has to be pretty creative to make it look wearable.

2. What one product do you believe is the most versatile?

The Naked palette by Urban Decay has to be the most versatile product on the market. I believe this palette is great for a newbie to a professional. This palette can create a vast array of looks that can be changed from day to night. There are so many different colors to choose from as well that it is a great bang for your buck!

3. If you were to splurge on one product, what would it be?

One product that I would love to splurge on is Guerlain's Terracotta Bronzing powder. I splurged on this powder once before but since I ran out I haven't been able to bite the bullet and buy it. This powder gives the skin a beautiful tanned glow and is the perfect addition to accent a tan or make you look like you were tanning. The steep price is what holds me back. It is definitely a splurge!

4. What advice would you give to someone wanting to get started with makeup?

Youtube is the best way to get started with makeup. There are so many different videos made by makeup junkies to makeup artists. There are product reviews, tricks, technique lessons, and more. This has helped me to learn new makeup techniques. I think it is a great way for a person to get started and learn new makeup techniques for free!

5. What tips do you have to help your makeup last in hot weather?

I live in Las Vegas, NV so I know a lot about makeup lasting in hot weather. Sometimes it can get to about 120F. This type of heat is where makeup will slip right off if you do not use the proper makeup products. First, I use MAC's Oil Control lotion all over my face. Then, I always apply Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in light. This primer helps to control oil and provides a matte finish all day. I use MAC's Studio Moisture Tint which provides an SPF 15. I also like to use MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Dark to set my makeup. This powder provides a natural matte finish but gives a nice glow to the face. I also make sure to keep blotting papers in my purse to keep oil at bay.


So that is the interview. I hope you all enjoyed some of the questions that I answered for them and I will be sure to post when my interview is up on the website. Please be sure to check out Intergloss.com and let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Chai Chen said...

Welcome back Rosie! Hope you're having a great 2013 start! :)

Good luck with your partnership with them for your reviews. Wish you all the best this year. :)

★♡ Clothingloves.com Feature! (^_^) ♡★
Clothingloves.com Black & White Ensemble and Winners of my 1st Blog Giveaway!
...and congrats to my 1st Blog Giveaway Winners

❤ ~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

Rosie Means said...

Thank you Chai! Hope you're having a great start to 2013 as well ;)