Wednesday, November 28, 2012
I know, I know! Long time no post! I have been a super busy lady lately. We were away for a week for Thanksgiving. We went to Alabama to spend Thanksgiving with my In-Laws. We had a lot of fun and it was sad to come back to reality (School, Work, Etc.). I've been meaning to post this beauty bag I got from Ipsy a long time ago but I've been a busy busy woman. So here it is!
1. Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Black: These creamy eyeliner pencils glide on to deliver a lasting vibrant color in chocolate or black. Blend or line your lids to create your favorite glam look, whether a smoky eye or straight line wing tip.
This eyeliner is a nice creamy one. However, it didn't wow me. It seemed like any other black eyeliner. I also don't tend to use pencil eyeliners. I like wet eyeliner and I usually use a kohl crayon to fill in my waterline.
2. Bare Minerals Lip Gloss in Marvelous Moxie: Unleash your inner moxie with a fabulously full, pillowy pout. The luscious marvelous Moxie lipgloss delivers vibrant sheer-to-medium color with a glistening mirror-like finish.
This lipgloss is a gorgeous color! I usually tend to wear lighter pinks than this but I'm loving this. It is also super shiny and creamy. It isn't sticky either. It actually did a really good job at moisturizing my lips. I definitely want to look in to more colors.
3. CHELLA Eyebrow Defining Gel: This clear colored brow gel lifts and holds eyebrow hairs and grooms them into place. The application tool helps remove the guesswork. Use sparingly.
I wasn't impressed by this eyebrow gel. I currently use MAC's Clear Eyebrow Gel and this certainly wasn't better than that. I actually think that I got a bad bottle of this. It may have dried out inside the container because I barely get any product on the wand when I pull it out.
4. NAILTINI in Millionaire: Millionaire spikes a base of rose gold micro-glitter with iridescent gold and teal tinsels for statement-making nails, whether worn alone or as a dazzling special-effect topcoat.
This color is gorgeous but I'm not sure how often I will use it. Sometimes I will use a glitter topcoat over my regular polish. So this should be pretty for the holiday season! :)
5. theBalm Meet Matte Eyeshadow: Matt Batali is just one of the nine shadows found in theBalm’s Meet Matte(e) compact palette (named after their favorite Matthews next door) which can be combined to create a multitude of soft and wearable looks. Matt Batali leaves a dark, matte finish, perfect for creating a smokey eye.
This color is super pretty and right up my alley. I love matte colors especially browns. This color is like a charcoal brownish grey. Super pretty and I can't wait to try this color out. It is highly pigmented as well. I'm sort of nervous about the fall out though. Every time I use an eyeshadow by theBalm I tend to get A LOT of fallout.
So that is everything that I received in this month's Ipsy bag. If you are interested in finding out more about Ipsy Beauty Bags... check them out here. It costs $10 a month for a bag full of goodies like this one. Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of this month's bag?
Monday, November 12, 2012
Sorry it's been taking me a while to post but I've had extreme writers block, lol. I've also recently started exercising with a trainer three times a week so that's been taking a lot of my time on top of my kids, school, etc. Anyways I wanted to give a review on e.l.f.'s Makeup Mist & Set. I've been using it a lot lately so I wanted to give everyone my opinion on it :)
e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set:
Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
- It feels fresh on the face when sprayed lightly.
- It feels soothing and moisturizing on the skin.
- It also has a nice, soft scent to it.
- It keeps makeup in place all day!
- It also gives makeup a nice dewy glow.
- It has Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamins A, C, & E.
- I couldn't find anything to complain about! :)
A+ I didn't think I would find any use to this because I've never really used a finishing spray before. The only one that I have used is MAC's Fix+ and that made my face too shiny so I didn't use it again.
I've been spraying this on my face before I go and workout because I like to put a little bit of tinted moisturizer and powder on my face before I go. I know what you're thinking..."you're not supposed to wear makeup before you work out!" LOL But I am a bit of a diva and I like to put a little bit on. Not a full face of makeup but I am the type of person that doesn't like to leave the house without wearing makeup haha. Anyways, this spray has been keeping my tinted moisturizer and powder in place while I'm sweating and wiping my face. So you know this spray must be bulletproof! lol
If you'd like to check this out, you can find it here for $3.00!!
Have you tried this spray? What did you think about it?
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
It felt so good to wake up this morning knowing that our president is still Barack Obama!! I was sitting on edge all day yesterday waiting for the results and when I found out he won, I was ecstatic! I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. Unfortunately, I cannot vote in the United States because I am a Canadian citizen. However, I support him and am behind him 100% and I am very happy that other guy didn't get in there, lol.
Anyways, I also wanted to mention that I am having a major writing block :( Boo hoo! Hopefully I can get some ideas and I will try to get my writing flowing again lol :)
Saturday, November 3, 2012
So I've been wanting to do a review on this applicator for a while and I'm finally getting around to doing it. This is the best tool I've ever used so I definitely wanted to spread the word if you haven't checked this out yet. :)
e.l.f. Studio Glitter Eyeshadow Applicator:
End glitter fallout and get gorgeous sparkling eyes with this innovative, unique Glitter Applicator. The silicone head is specifically designed to apply glitter. Comfort soft material grabs glitter and places it directly on the eyelid for precise and concentrated application. Great for loose or pressed glitter eyeshadow.
- It picks up glitter perfectly!
- The pointy tip of the applicator fits right into the corner of the eye for precise application.
- There is no glitter fallout whatsoever!
- The glitter stays on my eyes all night and there was none on my face!
- It also works perfectly with eyeshadow pigments.
- The head of the applicator is nice and soft against the eyelids.
- I didn't have to use any glitter glue or anything!
- I didn't have to use any glitter glue or anything!
- There is none!
A++++ I absolutely love this applicator! and at $3 bucks you can't go wrong! However, I've noticed that it is so popular so it's been sold out for a while. If you want to grab this then you have to jump on it quick when it's back in stock because they sell out pretty quick. I haven't seen them in Target but you can definitely check to see if they have it there. This is a must buy if you love glittery eyes and loose pigments.
If you would like to buy it, you can check it out here.
Have you tried this applicator before? What do you think of it?