Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

REVIEW: e.l.f. Studio Line Glossy Gloss




Hiya loves! 

So I wanted to do a review on e.l.f.'s Studio line glossy gloss because I had an allergic reaction to it. When I first received the gloss I tried both of the colors on and wore them for a while. This was about two weeks ago. The next day I popped out with a rash on my lips and they were a bit swollen. I didn't put two and two together. I never even though it was an allergic reaction. I actually thought my lips were just getting chapped because of the change in temperature. 


Anyways, so I wore the lipgloss again on Saturday night and Sunday morning I woke up with the same irritation. I finally figured out that it's got to be the gloss. So now my lips are once again swollen and irritated. My husband says it looks like I had lip injections, LOL. I am actually kind of disappointed because I like e.l.f.'s products and I've never had an allergic reaction to any kind of gloss or lipstick. I am not sure what ingredient is giving me this reaction. I actually really liked the gloss too. I loved the colors and it was almost like a cheap dupe of MAC's lipglass. 


So obviously I will not be buying this again. I will probably be very leery on buying any more glosses from e.l.f. However, the plumping lip glaze was fine on my lips so I don't know what particular ingredient gave me the reaction. I checked the list and there are a lot of parabens in it.

Have you ever had an allergic reaction to a lipgloss or lipstick?


4 comments:

Coco said...

Hello gorgeous!Just stumbled across your blog and wonder can we follow each other?hope you'll stop by.love Coco

Rosie Means said...

Hi Coco! Yeah sure I stopped by your blog and followed you! Hope you can follow me as well :)

Rosie xo

Natalie said...

aw! Thats too bad! Thanks for the heads up though :)

Beauty-Ninja said...

That's awful! Luckily I've never had a reaction like that. I started havin a reaction to UDPP after using it for awhile, it started making my lids itchy and red.