Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

MAC Marilyn Monroe



Hey Loves! 

I know everyone and their mama has posted items from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection but I thought I would share my purchases. I was only able to get my hands on two things: an eyeshadow and lipstick. By the time I got to the website pretty much everything was sold out. So I jumped on whatever I could get. :)



I was able to get one of the eye shadows in Preferred Blonde. I was so anxious to get something from the collection that I didn't notice it was a Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow. I am not a huge fan of these eye shadows just because of the fall out that you get from them. However, when used wet they look gorgeous so I can't complain. 



The color is a pale champagne beige. It actually looks like a diamond beige whitish color. It is really pretty and very pigmented. It is a bit too much to where by itself. So I applied it in the inner corner of my lid and it looked gorgeous. 



You can see it is very pigmented and pretty! A bit too much to wear all over the lid though for me. Be careful when applying the Veluxe Pearl eye shadows. I find it better to apply them with a wet brush. 



I am a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe so I was anxious and excited to get my hands on anything from the collection. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any of the limited edition colors which I was highly disappointed. I could only get my hands on Pure Zen which isn't a limited edition color. However, I was just happy to get it in the Marilyn packaging. 



This color is gorgeous anyways and I didn't own it so I wasn't that disappointed. It is a beautiful pinkish nude color which I've used a lot since I got it :) 



Were you able to get your hands on anything from the Marilyn Monroe collection? What did you think of her collection? 



8 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the lipstick color! It looks great!

Laura Marie said...

I love this post...makes me want to go to MAC lol!!!

SweeneeStyle said...

LOVE THAT LIPSTICK!!! COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL!!
http://sweeneestyle.blogspot.com/

Rosie Means said...

Yes it's one of my favorites! :)

Rosie Means said...

Lol yeah not sure if they will even have any Marilyn products left. The stuff flew off the shelves out here lol

Rosie Means said...

Yeah it's gorgeous isn't it! :)

Miss Dre said...

I didn't get anything from the collection, but Pure Zen does look like a beautiful shade!

I was so disappointed when I saw that everything was sold out online in no time! Perhaps I'll see what's left in stores.

Rosie Means said...

Ugh I know me too! It went so fast! :( Good luck with checking the store. Hopefully they still got some things! :)