Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Favorite Makeup Products!!



Hi Loves,

I have sooo many favorite makeup products but I wanted to share with you my ABSOLUTE favorites. As you can see from the picture, I am a very huge MAC fan. Most of the products that I use especially my favorites are MAC. I should have called this post, "My Favorite MAC Products!" lol. They can never go wrong in my eyes and barely any of their products have disappointed me. So here they are! *Drum Roll*

(I was going to take a picture of each item but this would have made the post longer than it already is, lol). 

Starting at the top left to right:

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle: This powder is perfect for highlighting the top of the cheekbones, and the bridge of the nose. That is where I usually use this powder. It also LASTS forever! I have barely put a dent in it because you only need very little. It gives a perfect shimmer and highlight. It also looks beautifully in pictures! It is a product that I use daily. 

MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle: This is the most beautiful blush I've ever used and my everyday blush. When I saw it in the store and the MUA applied it to my cheeks I was blown away and had to get my hands on it. It is a beautiful raspberry color blush with gold pearl. It is not too shimmery but applies a nice raspberry glow to the cheeks. I love trying out new blushes but this is the one I always go back too. Another product I use daily! 

MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Love Connection (Limited Edition): Unfortunately, this is a limited edition color and is not sold on the website or in stores. It's sad when they do that. Hopefully I never run out! lol. This is a beautiful eyeshadow that I love to use in the inner corner of my lid and corner of my eye. It is a duo eyeshadow with one side being a pinkish gold color and the other side is a bronzey gold. I use this wet or dry and it gives a beautiful shimmer. The sparkles tend to stay put when used wet. 

MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe: I think that this color is a must have in any makeup junkie's kit. I was recently brought onto this color by reading about it in so many blogs. It's a beautiful taupe color with tiny silver shimmers. I love to use it in my crease and the color is so beautiful. MAC eyeshadows blend super well and this color definitely does. I am a big fan of browns and beiges so this definitely fits into my color wheel. 

MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom: I've been using this color for YEARS and have never looked back. It is my daily go to color. I put it all over my lid all the way up to my brow bone. It is a soft beige that has a bit of shimmer to it. I pair this with Satin Taupe all the time and the colors blend beautifully together. 

MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze: I LOVE this bronzing powder. Honestly, I've bounced around trying out different bronzers but I always go back to this powder. Since I have oily skin I always use a Matte Bronzer on my face so I won't look like a shiny mess. This powder blends beautifully and looks like a natural bronze tan. It never looks orange! 

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25: The first time I read about this was on Makeup and Beauty Blog. It looked beautiful and provided perfect coverage so I had to have it! This is my daily concealer. It covers imperfections perfectly and undereye circles. I pair it with Smashbox Photo Op Undereye Brightener and it turns out even more flawless. 

MAC Studio Moisture Tint in Medium Dark: I have never been a foundation wearer. Once in a while I will use Makeup Forever's HD Foundation but I use this tinted moisturizer everyday because I don't need a lot of coverage. It evens out the skin perfectly and also contains SPF 15 which is a great plus! I used to use it on top of Smashbox Primer but now I have been using it on top of L'Oreal's Magic BB Cream and the results are beautiful and flawless! It is so light that you cannot even tell you're wearing it.

MAC Oil Free Lotion (Not Pictured): As I was writing this post, I realized that I forgot to put the Oil Free Lotion in the picture. This is definitely a daily must use on my face. It does an excellent job at blocking oil and has a great scent to it. It is a must for people with oily skin like me. 

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream: I just recently fell in love with this BB Cream. I actually stopped using my Smashbox Primer because I think that this does a better job at minimizing pores and evening out my skin tone. I pair this with my tinted moisturizer because it is very light and doesn't provide coverage. The results are gorgeous! I posted a review on it and you can find it here.

MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study: Like I said earlier, I have oily skin including my eyelids. A lot of the eyeshadow primers tend to be too oily for my lids and the eyeshadow will slide right off. MAC's Paint Pots have the perfect consistency for using before eyeshadows. Bare Study is a beautiful soft beige color with a bit of gold pearl. It makes your eyeshadow POP and is the perfect base. 

MAC Studio Fix BoldBlack Lash Mascara: This is my FAVORITE mascara! I love to try new mascaras because I'm always searching for one that is going to blow me away. Once again I always go back to this mascara. The formula is a mousse that NEVER clumps on the brush or the lashes. It separates the lashes and provides volume and extends each lash. It gives perfect results every time! My daily mascara.

MAC Prep & Prime Lash: I always thought that using a mascara primer was a bunch of bologne, lol. Until I tried MAC's Prep & Prime Lash. I use it before I use any mascara and it helps to elongate and separate each lash. I definitely notice that it gives the mascara a better result than just using the mascara by itself. I prefer to apply it to my lashes and then use mascara immediately. Some people like it to set and dry before they apply my mascara but my results weren't that good when I did that. 

MAC Brow Set in Clear: This brow set is a must in anyone's makeup kit. However, you can buy cheaper alternatives like clear mascara or other cheaper brands. Although, I've noticed with some of the cheaper brands it tends to flake off and that doesn't look attractive at all. This brow set grooms and shapes the eyebrows and keeps them put! It also doesn't flake off. 

MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt: Once again I love to try new eyeliners but I always go back to this one. It is the perfect liner to create that beautiful winged liner. The tip is thin but you can also use it to create a thicker line. The formula is water based and has a wet look once it dries. Beautiful liner! 


MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Spiked: This eye brow pencil is genius! No sharpener needed! All you do is wind the pencil and it comes right out. This pencil creates flawless eyebrows and they look very natural. The pencil is small enough to fill in brows and make them look like natural hairs. Love this eye brow pencil and haven't looked back since! :) 

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener: This is a brightening cream for use for dark circles. This has been an everyday staple for me since I bought it a year ago. I LOVE to use it underneath my MAC ProLong Wear Concealer. It has a peachy shimmer to it. It is a bit too subtle for use by itself that is why I wear it underneath my concealer. However, on days where I wear little makeup I do use it by itself and it provides good enough coverage. 

NYX Eyebrow Push-Up Bra: It is dual sided pencil! What's not to love? I LOVE this pencil. It is another everyday staple that I use in my makeup routine. On days where I am applying a natural look and not a lot of makeup I will use the brown pencil side of this to fill in my brows. Especially if I am on the go and need to leave quick. It creates a natural look to my brows. The highlighting side of this pencil does just what it says, PUSHES UP! It lifts and brightens the eyes. I use it on my brow bone and in the corners of eyes. I also apply it to the outer corner sometimes and on the bridge of my nose. It is a great pencil and very inexpensive compared to some of the other higher end pencils like this. It makes your eyes POP! :) 

So that is all! I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite makeup products. Let me know if any of you tried these and can't live without them like me! What are your everyday staples? 




8 comments:

Rebecca Perks said...

You have such great make-up products! I love how you've explained how you use each of them too, I love reading your blogs, hope you're well sweetie, B xx

Rosie Means said...

Thanks Rebecca! :) Hope you are well too

Rosie xo

Natalie said...

Amazing post!

Rosie Means said...

Thanks Natalie! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Rosie xo

Tesa said...

nice post!

Rebecca Perks said...

Hi, just letting you know that i've nominated you for the Liebster Award, I love reading your blogs! There's more info on my blog, I'm looking forward to reading your reply!

Bec xx

Rosie Means said...

Aww thanks Rebecca! That is very sweet of you! I will check out your blog for more info! :)

Rosie xo

Rosie Means said...

Lovely makeup collection!