Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Mascara


Hiya loves,

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday! I just recently picked up the Maybelline Volum' Express One by One mascara and I have been wearing it everyday since I bought it. Honestly, I don't have to try a mascara for weeks to test it out. I usually know after the first couple times if I love it, like it, or hate it. 

I was going to get Maybelline's "The Mega Plush" mascara but my cousin told me the brush is too large and tends to clump on the brush so I decided not too on that one. There is nothing worse than pulling out your mascara wand and having the product all clump on the brush. That is the thing that I hate about some mascaras and if they do that then I will never repurchase it again, lol.  I have to admit that not until recently did I start trying out drugstore brand mascaras again. I've been pretty faithful to my MAC Studio Fix Bold Black Lash Mascara. Now that mascara NEVER clumps on the brush! And it also makes my lashes look flawless every time. 

I decided to get this mascara because the name One by One intrigued me. I thought, "Hey, this sounds pretty good, I love a mascara that defines each lash perfectly." So here is my review on it and pictures to go with it. Please excuse me having no makeup on, lol. I wanted to showcase the mascara so you can easily see the lashes. :)


Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Mascara in Very Black

Maybelline's Volum' Express One by One Mascara:

• Finally, bold volume without any of the bulk. 
• Patented Lash Catcher™ brush has 3 bristles per lash to make every lash count 
• Catches, coats and de-clumps each lash to make them all fatter and flirtier
• Instant clump-free volume 
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested 
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula 
• Big Volume, Lash by Lash (Maybelline, 2012)

Pros:

• The brush is nice and soft. I love the way it feels on my lashes.

• The product itself is actually very smooth as well. It glides over my lashes nicely. 

• It is clump-free like it says *Two Thumbs up*

• My eyelashes had great length and looked beautiful.




Cons: 

• I did not get the volume that it claims to give but it did give me great length. I get better volume from L'Oreal's Voluminous False Lashes mascara. 

• It took too much work to try and separate each lash. The "One by One" claim did not achieve itself. I had to separate some of my lashes myself. This is annoying for me because I like my lashes to be separate and I don't want to spend extra time trying to do it myself when my mascara should have did it for me, lol. Yes, I am picky :))

• The packaging is too similar to Maybelline's other 100 mascaras, lol. They all look the same and now I'm starting to wonder if I tried this one before? hmmmm... lol 

• It also didn't seem to make a difference after I put on two coats of it. It looked the same as it did after one coat. 


The Verdict: 

Overall, I would give this mascara a B+. My eyelashes looked great but I am super picky when it comes to my lashes and I tend to get frustrated over some mascaras if they don't do what I want immediately, lol. I know, I know, mascara isn't supposed to make miracles but you get my drift, haha. 

Will I buy it again? Probably not because I wasn't super amazed by it. However, it did give me great length but like I said before, L'Oreal's Voluminous False Lashes mascara gives me better length and volume.

Here are some pictures of before and after:


Before

After with one coat

After with two coats

Here it is with my makeup done

I hope this review was helpful to you all. Have you tried this mascara? Let me know what your thoughts on it were.

Love,

Rosie xo


No comments: