Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

REVIEW: Amir Argan Oil Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner

Hi Loves,

Hope you all are enjoying your Tuesday! :)

I was having a shower this morning and while using my shampoo and conditioner I thought to myself, "I should do a review on these!" lol. I usually don't stick to a shampoo and conditioner for long because I'm always trying out different ones. I am never completely satisfied. The only brand that I am absolutely satisfied with is Pureology. Pureology's products are excellent and make my hair feel superb. 

A month ago Hautelook had a deal going on with Amir Argan Oil Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. They came as a duo package for about $20 dollars. I was trying to find my receipt to locate the exact price but I couldn't find it. I'm sure Hautelook will have them on there again. They seem to rotate the same stuff sometimes? The first time I saw Urban Decay on there I was so excited and got a few items. Just recently, Urban Decay was on there again with the exact same stuff. That was a bummer... Anyways on to the review :) 

Please excuse the shitty pictures. I probably took a picture of these 50 times but I couldn't get the correct lighting and the flash was making the label too bright. 




 Amir Argan Oil Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner:
  • Amir Argan Oil Moisturizing Shampoo is a sulfate and paraben free shampoo that is infused with argan oil and acai berry, that together, create a shampoo that will knock you out of this world.
  • Restores remarkable shine and softness.
  • Hydrates and replenishes nourishment.
  • Strengthens dry brittle hair.
  • Enriches hair color.

  • Amir Argan Oil Moisturizing Conditioner is a luxurious cream that helps restore moisture and repair chemically damaged hair, conditioning hair to its natural health.
  • Smoothes the hair cuticle.
  • Hydrates scalp and hair.


 Pros: 

  • It is moisturizing and leaves a soft feel once dry. 
  • I love that it is sulfate and paraben free. 
  • It does seem to strengthen my hair because I've noticed less hair loss. 
  • It washes out easy. Sometimes I have a hard time getting product out of my hair. Maybe I need a new shower head? hmmm....lol :))
  • You only have to use very little product, which makes the bottle last longer. I have barely put a dent in the bottle and I have super long hair. It is right above my butt :)
Cons: 


  • The shampoo didn't "knock me out of this world" like the label stated.  
  • I don't have color in my hair so I cannot comment on if it actually enriches the hair color. 
  • It barely has a smell and it's not very enticing. I like my shampoo and conditioner to have a yummy smell to it that lasts. 
  • You have to be careful when applying it to the scalp. My scalp can get rather oily and if you use too much then it will leave an oily feeling on the scalp. 
  • It can leave my hair looking a little flat. I think it was too moisturizing. My ends are dry but I think I need something that has some volume. 
The Verdict:

Overall, I give the shampoo and conditioner a B. I enjoy using the shampoo and conditioner. However, it can leave my hair feeling a bit oily and flat after use at the scalp. It seems like it is helping with strengthening though. If you've had children, then you know that you go through a phase of losing all the beautiful hair you gained while pregnant. Well I'm going through that phase right now and it is not very fun, lol. I also wish that it had a better smell to it. I love a shampoo and conditioner that leaves your hair smelling delicious. This one not so much. 

Will I buy it again? 

Probably not because it did not WOW me. I might have to go back to Pureology or keep pecking through the different brands until I find that WOW factor. Until then, on to the next one! 


Hope this review was helpful. Have you tried this shampoo and conditioner? What did you think about it? 






6 comments:

Makeup by Hend said...

I think I tried this before and it's really great. Thanks for the review xo

Rosie Means said...

Hi there! Yeah it is pretty good! Thanks for the follow! :) Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Love, Rosie xo

Cali Gal Lola said...

I love Pureology too! I don't repurchase because for the price I rather spend the money on more makeup:)Great blog!

Rosie Means said...

Hi Lola,

I can definitely understand that! I am always hesitant to repurchase again too because of the price. My husband is a barber so he gets a discount at a beauty supply store that sells it but even with the discount it is still pricey! Thanks for the comment ;)

simo layaayda said...

Moroccan oil is famous in skin care and hair care, but it is an excellent addition to cooking. Pure argan oil has many health benefits including a high vitamin E content and a variety of essential fatty acids. It is traditionally used in the cuisine of the indigenous Berber tribes in Morocco, and they also know about its health-giving and medicinal properties.Argan oil health benefits

Paris said...

thanks for this awesome share!!!